March 6, 2009

A Myth I Embraced, I Will Let Go

Being an entrepreneur doesn't mean being a leader. It never occur to me before that a good entrepreneur can be a bad leader. Most people may settle either. I settle for both. I want not only to be an entrepreneur. I want to be a good leader as well.

I never considered reading John Maxwell's books or attending his seminars. When reading one of his books was required by my mentor, I was so surprised. I never thought he would recommend it. Although when I checked again the curriculum that was presented to me before I join, it was actually included. I guess I just didn't pay much attention on the details because I'm so excited to be part of the community and get into action.

Two things that opened up to me, not all skillful entrepreneurs are leaders and learning how to be a good one is a process. I thought I will be a good leader when I have good grades in passive income or when I am financially free. And I was a bit frustrated because I feel my leadership is ineffective. Knowing those two principles lifted me up.

I used to plan only for my financial freedom. Today, I start planning how to grow myself as a leader. Great things really happen when you commit to the success of your passion. I now let go what I believe before that being a successful entrepreneur is a good leader. I will embrace a new belief. I want to be a successful entrepreneur and be a great leader.

If you want to grow yourself as a leader, join me at Create Abundance Business Community.

No comments: