December 29, 2010

Be Aware & Value Your Time

Just read Francis Kong’s article in Star’s December 26, 2010 issue. I’ve been longing to meet this person especially when I have been reading John Maxwell’s books. I want to meet an apprentice of his.

Francis talked about how time flies so fast. He concluded the article with an advice of seeking personal growth for a lifetime. I couldn’t agree more.

It’s true that the uncertainties would be very challenging. And the only thing you could rely on is your wisdom. With me, being exposed in business and the reality of sharpening leadership skills, uncertainties happen almost every day. It’s hard but I’m forever thankful.

As a young boy I envy friends who have all the things they want in life. I envy when they party, when they travel, when they have new gadgets and when they are super drank. Now I pity them. I realized missing out your youth in HS is a myth. At least in my case it’s a myth.

I’m 29 and I’m earning double in my business versus my paycheck in employment 2 years ago. My friends are all comfortable having the time of their life. They go out of town, they party and they go shopping spree. One of them already got married. After a year I know I will increase my income more than 5 folds my paycheck. That means I can go to Kyoto, Japan – one of the most expensive places in the world – every month for 5 days.

I’m doing well in business because of my commitment to personal growth. It’s not about business. It’s about growth. At age 65 I will have already fulfilled almost everything I want to do today. I don’t know with my friends. They have their time today. What would they have when they age?

But what’s more important than having your youthful activities when you are financially free up to forever is the experience and realization of your full potential. Do you firmly believe your environment today fosters personal growth? If it does, take yourself to the extreme. If not, find one.

Are you growing overtime? Or are you being stagnant? As they song “Next in Line” goes “What has life to offer me when I grow old?”

How would you know you can grow in an environment? It’s when you know you can grasp and realize the achievements of your idols or heroes. For me, I know I can attain the level of Bill Gates, to be the richest man in the world. That’s because I’m in business. If your hero is an actor, how can you attain his level?

The first step to really attain virtually anything and more importantly to keep it is to be financially free. I met a retiree doing what she loved then became broke. She really loves what she does which are acting and theatre arts but the financial challenges stop her from pursuing growth in acting.

I firmly believe in growing oneself in financial education since everything is really affected by money. In my experience, first gain financial growth and leadership growth and then anything that you really want to attain in life. You don’t have to follow this formula. You can create your own. My general advice would be make growth a priority. I promise you that you would wish you have started to personally grow years ago. But don’t feel bad. Just start today and continue to grow daily.

Good luck!

Ludwig Rosete

PS. For comments and suggestions, you can email the author at ludwigmarkr@gmail.com. You can also contact 0917.6149.879 (MR. LUDWIG ROSETE) for a short personal leadership and business training.
=======================
WANT A LIFELONG BUSINESS TRAINING PROGRAM?
More than 300 business mentors and coaches to guide you in a real life business program. Visit this site:
http://bemybusinessapprentice.blogspot.com/

No comments: