December 1, 2008

4 Lucky Strikes...And Counting

I just joined a business community. I'm very grateful being part of it. I learn how to lead and be a great storyteller.

Before I joined the community, I find it hard getting rich. When I found out that working as an employee until 65 won't get me anywhere financially, I convinced my parents to retire early before they reach it. They retired this year at their mid-50's. Luckily, they thought of investing when I was still in High School and that is why we have 2 houses. We decidedto get into rental business - the simplest business of all. The experience was not simple. We argued and shouted at each other a lot. It came to a point where they don't want to be with each other anymore. I didn't lead them effectively.

I managed to lead my family and luckily we now have the business running. We also learned to understand each other and work as a team. I found there is more to learn and I needed a business mentor. And another luck came while seeking guidance. I was invited in the community. They showed me that I can reduce my 20 year plan of getting rich in less than 10 years. I now do not find it hard getting rich but not that easy either.

No comments: