December 24, 2008

Rich and Generous

The most generous people in the world are successful rich businessmen. That is how I see things in my world. For people who just work for themselves are selfish.

Generosity for me is different from philanthropy. I don't like giving money and food to beggars. I would rather teach how to build wealth. Generosity for me is helping millions of people solve their problems and teaching them to be financially free.

A personal experience of my mother in being a philanthropist was ugly. A child begging for 2 pesos so he can buy food because he hasn't ate anything for 2 days - this was when I was still in my student days. My mother's heart was ripped and willingly gave money. They part ways and my mother went on with her errand. She was shopping for groceries that day. On her way home she saw the boy in the street. The boy was playing with coins. He was gambling.

I'd rather teach than give material things. I'd rather empower people with skills than let them depend on others. And I do it through CA2020 business community.

No comments: