January 10, 2013

Earning more in Sari-sari(Small Retailing) Store

My mother has a small retailing store. It sells different consumer commodities. The sales was great yesterday. That is why I was thinking how to earn more.

I noticed today the chips still didn't sell. I was thinking of giving promo or discounts. How can we sell them more quickly. Cash is still king. No matter how big the mark up is but if it doesn't sell fast, it doesn't matter.

The other day, mother posted a poster that says cigarettes are now available. I noticed sales did great. That's when I was thinking if we could get more attention by posting different promos. I think it's OK to cut prices as long as consumers buy continuously. The goal is to hasten the return.

My recommendation, therefore, is add some strategies in marketing. Other things that I also thought about is giving tokens of appreciation to frequent customers. It would be great to know what happen if we implement them.

No comments: