March 18, 2013

Why Aim for Promotion


When I decided to be full time in business, I didn't have the chance to be promoted. I was young in business. I was arrogant. I believed I can do whatever I set my mind to. "I don't need to be promoted," I always say to myself. After 4 years of solid business endeavors, I realized the beauty of achieving it. There were moments of regret and pain. True failure only happens when you learn nothing. Knowing what is missing in the formula is like the rainbow after the rain.

"The world only listens to results," our mentors always say. I strived for results in my MLM business. When I got the track record, my leadership influence increased. When people hear that I have sold over a million worth of products my words begin to matter. It is true that people listens to those who have achievements. Even I experienced in listening only to someone who had results.

Why aim for promotion? Why bother think about it? In my world, only a few strive for promotion. Though I observed a lot get envious when somebody gets it. If you haven't thought about getting promotion, it's perfectly fine. If you did get a bit jealous with your colleague who got promoted, it is normal. Humans will always have competitive nature. If getting a promotion will benefit you today or your plans for tomorrow, consider planning for it. Consider the following reasons of getting promotion of other people if they match yours:

1. SELF-WORTH

Some people will only feel appreciated when they get promoted. This is good for someone who gets positive vibes by being acknowledged.

2. INCREASED INCOME

Usually, this is the first motivation of most people. They think of buying new things or need more money for expenses.

3. CONTROL

People can have more control when they are in higher positions. Some of this people are sick of the current management and believes if they are in the position, they can create better change.

4. EXPERIENCE

This is one of my reasons why I want to be promoted. I would like to have more experience in handling people.

5. TRACK RECORD
Hanging out with friends in Manila. Most of them
are promoted in their jobs at present. July 2012

And this is the second of the main reasons that motivate me. I wanted to build more businesses in the future. Having a better track record would be easier to get the right partners and investors.

Whatever reason you have to get promoted, always check if it is in sync with your plans. I also believe to what a previous client said to us in a business meeting: "Don't believe in everything that other people say. Just listen to them and check if what they say would improve your plan. Stick to your plans. Don't sway away from it." Check your plans today if this suggestion can help you!

No comments: