January 21, 2009

Philanthropy and Lee Iacocca

I don't like philanthropy. My father stick to my head to teach people how to fish rather give them fish. It's a form of philanthropy but to most people it means giving material things. And that's why I prefer to use mentoring than philanthropy.

Lee Iacocca is a good friend of Donald Trump. Both of them are my business heroes. This day I realized Lee is the Chairman of Nourish the Children. And I remember The Donald said if you are rich and you don't want your children to have weak characters, just give them 10% of your wealth but never zero. And I remember a good friend of mine told me, sometimes you really have to give material things or money to help people, not just by teaching them how to earn. My mind was close to that idea of my good friend except today.

I was moved by Lee's speech. And it proved my good friend's argument. For me, I'll save them then I teach them. A great lesson indeed.

If you want to contribute to our cause, you can email me through coachludwig@ca2020.net or donate here(You will be given a certificate of donation):



No comments: