August 23, 2012

CEO File #3: Something Unusal

Monday, August 6, 2012 at 1:53pm ·

This morning in the bus, the one getting our travel charges or fees is a girl - not a woman. I usually see older women doing this job during latenight shifts. We call them "konduktor." Today, it was a young girl. Her age may be around 22-ish. It's just way too odd for me.

Usually, insights happen when we go out of our routines. I think this is one of them in my case. What's normal to me are men doing the "konduktor" job. The first thought that came to me was,"Too much poverty might have caused females getting jobs like these." Or do I still have the gender bias mentality in my subconscious?

I guess it's not gender discrimination or something. I guess I just don't see it too often. I also encountered a taxi driver that is a woman. Sometimes it just feels weird. What is the message behind these things?

Another scenario in the bus was a weather update. Mayor Lim cancelled classes in Manila. And the news anchor said,"Ang balita ay galing sa Tweeter ni Mayor Lim." That just made me laugh inside. I guess the picture of the mayor doing fb and tweeter was just a funny picture to me. Then I thought, in the past, there are stories in the internet that we don't readily believe, now it's used as updates on current news.

With the annoying rain outside, I guess it's not a bad day to start after all.  The interpretation that I concluded with these unusual things that I have observed is that life is reminding me to always challenge the status quo for a better life. I guess all these things are just part of our evolution.
To end, I invite you to challenge the status quo. Dare to be different. Improve lives.
Ludwig

LUDWIGOLOGY
http://www.facebook.com/ludwig.mark#!/ludwigology

No comments: