August 23, 2012

CEO File #4: Go Basic

Saturday, August 11, 2012 at 1:44pm ·


"Getting rich is automatic. That is why it's boring." - Rich Dad

I always go back to this quote when I am confused in business. Sometimes we love complicated and fancy things when all you need are simple stuff -  the basics.

"Make your life simple," my lady boss in my first job would usually say. I remember also she saw a leader inside of me. She said compared to my partner, I was not good enough and I have more mistakes because she and I are the same. We are leaders. If managed properly, I would become a superstar in their company. Today, I strive to be good enough and make less mistakes to lead by example.

I'm not sure if it's been weeks or more than a month when I haven't reviewed my leadership books. I always notice this pattern. The pattern of being fancy and forget my basics when things are going a little better. Then frequent high tempers and growing frustrations emerge. Did I ever learn or am I just plain stupid?

"When you are in your rhythm, nobody can beat you." I don't remember what movie that was but I really like that line. Things are not so bright in the business right now. I think I'm off my rhythm. I'm sure I need to go back to my discipline to have my basic rhythm.

The purest form of discipline is in a child. Discipline means total focus on what you do.When a child is playing, it's totally focused. Parents have a hard time stopping them for they are fully disciplined in playing. Now I need to find the child in me for the usual discipline that I do. It seems a bit challenging for I feel its work. I need to find how to make it part of the child in me. Make it playful or a game. Make it fun.

I guess this is a transition to my own evolution. The evolution of my usual discipline. What is your discipline?

"Everyday we are practicing. The question is what are you practicing?" - Martial Arts Master

Ludwig

=====================
LUDWIGOLOGY
A journey to the business world.
http://www.facebook.com/ludwigology

No comments: